How to save on high end beauty supplies
High end beauty products seem to be the kinds of items that don’t really go on sale. You might get a free mini product with purchase or something, but you just don’t see the same sales as you do with clothing, food, and other items. Regardless, I do have a few tips on how to save money on high end make products. Try these out and see how much you save!
1. Although most of us generally purchase items through Ulta or Sephora, brands also have their own websites which actually go on sale sometimes. Urban Decay has sales quite a bit and they put items on clearance. I was able to grab their Naked Flushed palette in Native for only $11 during a sale. (regular $29.) Its still on sale for $15 here.
Add yourself to the email list for Urban Decay, Tarte, Too Faced, and whatever other brands you like. Look out for emails about special deals.
2. Every December Sephora sends out an email/and or regular mail to their members with a coupon for $15 off a $50 purchase (More for VIB Rouge members) This is great time to grab a new foundation or other expensive item right be before the holidays.
HSN, thats right, the Home Shopping Network carries a few nice beauty brands. Join (for free) and receive emails with nice coupons. I have used $10 of a $20 purchase coupons to get mascara half off. Check it out, they always have a discount or sale going on.
3. Still want to buy your items at Sephora? Download the app Ibotta and get $10 back on a $50 purchase at Sephora (excludes JCP locations.) BONUS: Join through the link above and get an extra $10 back when you redeem your first rebate. That’s $50 worth of products for $30. (even less if you combine with another tactic mentioned here.)
4. Ok, so you still want to buy your products at your regular store or site. That’s ok, you can still save a little buy purchasing with a gift card. Ok, not any gift card, but one from a gift card resell site. I have used this technique many times to save on expensive items including my dishwasher! Read the fine print, but generally these can be used in store or online. I find the best deals with an app called Raise. Currently, when you join Raise for free using this link you will receive $5 off your first gift card order. Most cards are electronic so you will receive it within a day. Some cards are physical so they may have to arrive in the mail. Just check before you buy. I found cards for Sephora inside JCP for up to 23% off and regular Sephora cards for 10% off. An Ulta fan? I found cards up to 10% off.
5. Lastly, if you are shopping online at all you NEED to be using Ebates. Ebates is a free cash back program that gives you cash back for almost every purchase. Generally you can get between 2% and 10% back on beauty sites. This trick works in combination with the online options mentioned in this post so double up!
Have you used any of these tricks before? Did they work well? Do you have other suggestions? Share in the comments!
Note: This post contains referral links. When you sign up for a free service via these links I receive a small commission. Often, you will receive a discount, bonus, or extra promotion as well. Its a win-win!